The Art of a Happy Marriage

There is an art to maintaining the intimate relationships in our lives.Explore our experts' perspectives, and learn new techniques to improve your own relationship skills.

Even when people are sure of their love, the decision to enter into marriage is always a gamble — as is clear from the commonly quoted statistic that 50% of marriages end in divorce. An important question that naturally arises from this number is what are those who remain happy together doing right?

All marriages have their ups and downs; all people have their strengths and weaknesses; and all couples have areas of disagreement. But those who remain happy manage to view their relationship through a positive lens. They see the parts of their marriage that are most positive as the parts that are essential. However, most importantly, they are flexible about this. As the positive and negative aspects of their relationship shift with time, so does their judgment about what is essential — but they always focus on the most positive aspects in the moment.
Along with this positive perspective, they view their spouse’s problems, imperfections, or annoying habits in a way that neutralizes their impact. One approach they use is viewing these things in a benevolent way. For instance, a wife might understand her husband’s snapping as the result of a hard day instead of thinking of him as just being disrespectful. Such positive attributions help relationships to remain stable and supportive.



Another way partners remain happy together is by being aware of — and acknowledging — positives while allowing themselves to get upset about specific problems. In contrast, spouses who tend to be more blaming and less understanding create a negative environment at home. For them, specific problems appear bigger and tend to snowball. It’s amazing how a toilet seat left in the upright position can ruin a couple’s whole day together!
Some people are inherently better at seeing the positive side of situations and understanding others from a more compassionate perspective. And they will certainly be happier for it. But for the rest of us, this is a skill that can be learned — when people are interested in developing it. For instance, couples can practice sharing what makes them feel loved and then practice doing those things.

Unfortunately, life sometimes makes it hard to be positive. We all have only a limited amount of time and energy. So when problems pile up such as job stress, deaths of loved ones, illnesses, problems related to children, people’s inner resources become strained. Even the most charitable people can reach their limit, making it difficult to approach their marriage in positive ways. Because of this, it’s important for couples to nurture their relationship during the good times.
This way they have more positive feelings to rely upon when life gets tough.
In the end, maintaining a happy marriage is, to a large extent, about how couples approach each other. The more they can see their marriage in a positive light and can be supportive and understanding of each other, the more successful their marriage will be.

3 comments:

  1. How i got my husband back...

    My name is Bradley Speck. I live in Canada, and i got married four months ago. My husband and I have been living a very happy and lovely life. So as time went on, I began to notice this strange attitude that my husband was possessing. He was now going out with other girls, to the extent that he was no longer picking up my calls, and he was not even sleeping in the house anymore. I became confused and didn't know what to do. So i became worried and stranded, that brought so many thoughts into my mind, because I have never experienced a thing like this before in my life.

    So I decided to visit a spell caster, to see if he can help me out. So immediately I went to the internet, where I saw an amazing testimony of a spell caster who brought someone's ex lover back, so I contacted him immediately and I explained to him all my problems and he told me that it will be very easy for him to solve, compare to the ones that he has done before. And he also gave me some proof to be really sure of his work, and he assured me that my husband will come back to me immediately he is through with the spell. And also he told me to put all my trust in him, and I really obeyed him. So it was 8:00 am on the next morning, when I was about going to work, when i received my husband's call, and he told me that he was coming back home, and he apologized to me, and told me that he is very sorry for the pain that he has cost me. And after some hours later, he really came back home, and that was how we continued our marriage with lots of love and happiness, and our love was now stronger than how it were before.

    then, he also told me that once my heart desire has been granted unto me that i should go and testify of his work right here on the internet. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth today as I am writing this testimony, and I want to really thank DR AZIM for bringing back my husband, and for bringing joy and love to my family.He can also cast many other spells l
    CONTACT HIM NOW ON THIS EMAIL
    UNIQUELOVESPELLCENTER@YAHOO.COM
    UNIQUELOVESPELLCENTER@YAHOO.COM
    or call his mobile number on +2348159645271

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a very big mistake fighting my husband, just because he ask me to give him a child after 9years of our marriage. This created a distance in our relationship, and our marriage was falling out of controlling, but the truth is that i was telling him the right thing, that when the time comes we have our baby. and one day he say to me that he can not do this any more, that is over. This was killing me and i was really hurt because I feel like I am going to lose him for another women. We have been together for 9years, i don’t know what to do any more. but today all thanks to Mallam Abudu of mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com cast a spell and also send a pregnancy seed and oil down to me to drink and i was able to get pregnant. this make my husband happy and come back home. what will i have done if not for Mallam Abudu roots and herbal drugs he gave to me. again thanks to mallamabuduspiritualhome@gmail.com if you are having problem getting pregnant contact Mallam Abudu for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone my names is Shari from Pensacola Florida USA i want to testify of a powerful man called Dr Great and how he helped me get pregnant,I and my husband have been married for 10 years now without a child to call our own i have done everything  i can but still couldn't get pregnant this was eating me up inside i was always ashamed whenever  i and my husband go out because i see him playing with other children because he love kids so much one day when we got home i was crying bitterly i just couldn't bear it anymore i went online to look for fertility treatment when i saw someone testify of his great work and how he have help many in problems  with his spell i decided to give him a try i contacted him through his email he assure me that it will take 24 hrs to cast the spell and i will be pregnant,5 weeks after i felt ill so i went to see the doctor he confirmed that i was pregnant all thanks to this powerful spell caster Dr Great you are indeed a great man now i believe that there is no problem without a solution he can also help you contact :
    infinitylovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete